Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How You Know Track Break Is Almost Over

They say silence is golden, but us moms know better. Silence means they're up to something. Especially silence intermittently interrupted by giggles. The other day Katy and Anna introduced me to their new friend.....



I guess it's inevitable, sandwiched between two sisters. He's not the first and certainly wont be the last. So like any self respecting mom I took out the camera and snapped a picture so I would have something to blog about. And since I was thinking, "Hey, I'll blog this" I of course ushered the kids in front of the new shelving vignette over the piano. I had been redecorating a little -you can see the paint can in the background(man, if only I could have gotten them a little more to the right). In the interest of full disclosure, this should have been the backdrop for that picture.

And don't worry too much about Chucky. Here he is 20 minutes later. (unfortunely the living room looked just the same)


I wonder where he got that look? Huh.

11 comments:

Emily said...

That's great. Somehow even your mess is cute Jill...how do you do it? ;)

Emily said...

I meant...that's great! (about the kids) I hope that didn't come off sounding sarcastic... oops :)

. said...

I love the vignette! It looks great with the piano. After seeing your kitchen remodel, you have a terrific eye for decorating. That picture of Chucky will probably show up at his wedding!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. I still remember the time I popped over to Minty's and he was dressed in a princess dress with heels.....and nobody dressed him but himself.

Sara said...

I Love it! we used to do that to merrick when he was a baby. I think it's a right of passage. Thanks for giving us a quick glimpse that you have days where you're not perfectly clean. I'm with Emily though.... even your mess is cute!

Jennica said...

That is great. You can use those photos later on down the road as bribery too. Isn't that what mothers are supposed to do ;).

Marylin said...

Love that! It reminds me of a friend of mine when I was little and his older sisters would dress him up in tights and all!! I also quite enjoy the pics of him and his dad looking so cool!!! :)

Heather B said...

Hilarious!! I love all these pictures! And I love that he's back to being all manly a few minutes later...like his dad. Great post.

Emily said...

Johnny, are you seeing this??? I wonder what little Juanita thinks about all this sister stuff! ha!

the Dover Family said...

I'm thinking that would be a great picture in his Eagle slide show. What do you think. :) By the way, you have a beautiful home, it looks great.

Candace & Brandon said...

Love it! From one extreme to the next! Thats awsome!