Friday, August 21, 2009

Fiesta!

I turned 30 on Sunday! I am finally, really and truly a grown up. Luckily, for anyone who commented on this post, one of my presents was this:


I am an unabashed Martha fan, but a rather bashful crafter. Even I can't help but be inspired.

Monday night, Chuck took me out to dinner to Firefly. I'd never been, but they specialize in tapas, a wide variety of appetizers designed to be mixed and matched and shared to make a meal. This is so up my alley. We had a great time and I'd love to go again with a group of adventurous eaters so I can try even more yummy dishes. Let me know if you're game. We finished the evening window shopping and eating gelato. I'm a girl of simple pleasures. It was perfect.

But it just got a LOT better. Because this afternoon, when I got home from the kids' last morning of space camp, I saw THIS on my door stop:

And I was really excited because I already knew that THESE


were inside. Aren't they lovely. They go with last years best ever craigslist bargain!
And I thought I enjoyed cold cereal before.

8 comments:

Amanda Warren said...

Gorgeous and very whimsical at the same time!

By the way, Jess and I are as adventurous as they come when food is involved. Next time we're in town we'll have to do that.

Emily said...

Love the dishes, love the book, love you! Happy Birthday you old lady!

Marylin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE EVERYTHING!! Happy Birthday!!!

Britta said...

Love the dishes...so cute! Happy Birthday!

. said...

Happy belated birthday!!!! What great gifts too!

That set is so beautiful and fun. Does the cupboard have glass doors? It sure would brighten up any kitchen!!! :)

the Dover Family said...

I love all those colors, how fun! And Happy Birthday, I loved turning 30 way back when. :)

monica said...

Is it wrong to covet your bounty of Fiestaware? I think you might just be the luckiest lady in Las Vegas. If I were you, I'd use that luck and put it all on 7. :)
Love you and Happy Birthday!

Amber said...

I love your fiesta!!! and Happy Birthday!