Knightley
On the name: A facetious suggestion my BFF made to Chuck as part of their usual waiting-for-Jill-to-come-to-the-phone banter. Never underestimate any red-blooded American Male's ability to appreciate all things Jane Austen. The kids like it because... get it, Knightley...like NIGHT-ly, you know, cause he's BLACK... NIGHT-ly. Get it. (We are BIG on subtlety around here.)
On the cat: They've taken to each other just like, well, cats and dogs. Knightley has been every bit the gentlemen, but Isabelle has met all his submissive addresses with nothing but pride and prejudice. I think she'll come around.
On the potty training: So far so good. I've only had to pull out the floor cleaner once this week. I have had to get up for 2 am potty breaks, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
On the kids: It's a puppy. They LOVE him!

10 comments:
how cute! i love the name too!!
He really is a handsome pup! I love it! Look at you guys...livin' the dream!
Love, love, love the new dog. Now don't get addicted like the Garners. :)
Wow, Jill. You're brave. With 3 kids already, I have no desire to get a pet. And, I have no self discipline when it comes to waking up early in the morning. But, good for you! He is very cute and I'm sure the kids just adore him.
What a cute dog! I LOVE the name!!
Look at that pink tongue! I must say, he rather photogenic. :)
Jill, you crack me up! You are so clever, and I am so very glad to hear Knightly has a name now. I was really feeling for him the other day!!!
What a cute dog and such a great creative name!
Good for you guys. Way to join the rest of us crazies in the puppy department, you are going to love how he will protect your house and family.
Hi Jilly,
I haven't been blogging much over the summer either. I just read back through your blog to catch up. When I first glimpsed at the prego belly I thought maybe YOU were expecting. Nope, you just got a dog, that means no plans for another baby any time soon!
Post a Comment