What have I been doing?
Chuck had a birthday. 32. We had a quiet family night out together. It was lovely.
I did make the kids' Halloween costumes, and now that I have officially learned how to adjust the tension for the thread AND the bobbin on my machine, I can actually say it was fun.
I'm continually baffled by how little I seem to get done and how quickly the day goes by with the kids in school. I miss them, and learning together, but also enjoy hearing about their adventures. It's definitely a mixed bag. Thursday brought the opportunity to help out with Katy's class party and I finally had an excuse to make these:
I love them. I saw them on Family Fun last year. The teeth are slivered almonds.
Each day is marked by some activity or another and Wednesday seems to be all about Anna. We spend the morning scavenging for all the due library books, then head out for story time. If we're lucky, we bring a friend along, then head back home for peanut butter sandwiches or alphabet pasta while listening to her newest recorded book acquisition or, of course, one of her Tchaikovsky soundtracks (usually Swan Lake) which always segways nicely into ballet with Miss Jolynn. Anna looks to like, is fun to please, and is unwaveringly true to herself -but never the bully. I love to be around her.
I'm still working to fully embrace my latest daily routine/chore chart. How many times have I done this? It's innumerable. I crave structure, adore perfection, and, at the same time, cannot deny a good tangent. I'm a hopeless case.

5 comments:
I made the same monster mouths for Simon's class party this past week. Yours look much better than mine did.
adorable. i am on a continuous tangent. :) I love the teeth, and the costumes.
The costumes (and the mouth/teeth) turned out great. Nice work! I wish my chore chart would work for me too, but so far...no luck. Let me know if you figure out the secret.
Love the costumes! Did you make Anna's too? Next year I told Dallin I would make his a Quittich seeker costume, since I ran out of time this year.
I feel the same way you do about how little you seem to get done in a day and the whole chore chart thing. I'm going through that right now. Trying a new chore chart system. I'll let you know how it works for me.
You crafty thing, you.
Post a Comment