Thursday, February 28, 2008

Falafel

Monica sent me this recipe for falafel and I tried it on Sunday. Not only did my house smell great, but I found a new meatless meal that everybody likes and fills everybody up. I made the recipe as-is(except I halfed the cumin) with the 8 patties and it was plenty. We(mom & dad) topped our pitas with diced tomatoes and spinach like in the picture and it was really good with the sauce.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Seans-Falafel-and-Cucumber-Sauce/Detail.aspx?src=etaf

2 comments:

monica said...

I am so happy you enjoyed the recipe. Allrecipes.com is a wonderful resource for recipes. Recipezaar.com is another great website as well.

Jack said...

the cucumber sauce is really good with a lot of garlic too(its called sukhtorovmatzun in armenia) If you are looking for good meatless meals, you should look for a good tabuleh (find an armenian style) and meatless tolma (dolma, dolmathes, lots of spellings in english) Nothing like a good meditarian pilaf to go on the side!! Don't forget your hummus? let me add another run-on sentence to ruin your genius reading level. here is some random latin to up your score "Non scholae sed vitae discimus"- seneca