Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Happy Day!

Despite the tragic events that happened on this day 7 years ago, today is a day of fond memories also.
23 years ago, my little brother joined us three girls in the Manis Family. I was a first grader and it was my mom's day to pick up for our car pool. I can picture in my mind waiting to see our station wagon turn the corner, when instead, it was the other mother's mini-van. She told us our brother had been born and I was so excited. Because my mom gave birth at a birth center here in town, she and my dad and my baby brother got to come home the same day. All four of us kids were given a Cabbage Patch Doll that night, I'm sure to help keep us from smothering the baby to death. But what I remember most is watching him lay in the middle of my parents bed while my mom was busy close by. I leaned over him and let my long hair fall in his face a little. He didn't seem to mind so I very gently swept it across his face, back and forth, until he fell asleep. What a cutie he was. His little baby Noah is just as sweet.

Happy Birthday, Johnny. I love you.

4 comments:

Audrey Taylor said...

What a nice tribute to your brother. Happy birthday Johnny.

. said...

What a cute story! Happy birthday Johnny!
Signed,
Megan Farnsworth
(AKA Todd's Sister)
:)

Jack said...

thanks jill, and others for the happy birthday wishes!

Anonymous said...

That was sweet! Happy birthday!