Sunday, September 7, 2008
Katy- spicing things up.
Last night, Chuck requested pasta salad. Since dinner at Patti's several weeks ago I have been making mine with artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes and, while Anna and Chucky couldn't be more disappointed, Katy is loving it. She also has had a strong desire to learn how to cook and, when I don't have a task for her to busy herself with, she follows me around very closely watching every step and adding any helpful suggestion she can think of that might possibly be relevant. It is very sweet when I am patient enough to appreciate what she is doing. Just as we were pulling it all together she said, "You should definitely add some black pepper. Some black pepper would MAKE this". It made me laugh inside and, as usual, she was right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Maybe she should come help me with my cooking!! She probably knows way more than me:)
How fun. Hopefully soon she can just take over, right? Isn't that why we have kids. ;)
I can just hear her saying that! She is just so funny!! She's going to love all these stories someday and appreciate that you wrote them down.
You got to have dinner with Pattie? I haven't seen her new house yet.
Don't you love our children's personalities? I took my 2-yr-old's binki away a few days ago. She's been saying more things and drinking more water, not to mention that gross rash around her mouth has disappeared.
I can't wait for her to talk even more so I can know what funny things she is thinking!
How fun to have a good helper in the kitchen! Before you know it, she will be willingly cooking, cleaning and doing all laundry. Heck, a mom can dream right!?!? Actually, we have a family in our Ward who assigns each of their kids a different night to cook. I think she started them at around 8 and her involvement decreased as they got older. I can't wait to be able to do that with my girls. :)
Now you have me wanting pasta salad.:) Katy is so funny, I love her personality! Makynzi loves to help too, I just don't always have the patients for it (I'm trying to be better about it) but Greg's mom is always willing to let her help.
Katy is a girl after my own heart! She's so passionate with her cooking, just like Conrad.
wink. wink.
Post a Comment