The kitchen remodel has taken several weeks longer than was probably necessary, but it is also on budget so I'm not complaining(too much). The counter tops are ordered, I can cook inside the house again, and I've been able to put some of the food away in the pantry. Since I've gone so long without posting any pictures I hate to put one up now so close to done. So, in case you were curious here is a little "taste" of what it looks like:

Now that we have the dark oak panelled doors on and the stainless steel range in, Hershey's Milk Chocolate in it's foil wrapping seems to be all I can think about. And here is a look at the granite we selected:

Well, almost. I still need to order the door/drawer pulls and we'll be putting together the uppers tonight. We bought a stainless steel dishwasher on craigslist only to set it in place and realize that the large handle made it impossible to open some of the cabinet drawers close by:(. What a bummer. So back on it goes and I continue my appliance quest for my very modestly budgeted kitchen.
10 comments:
Thanks for making me hungry!!!! I can't wait for some pictures.
I'm sure it's going to be FABULOUS!!!! I can't wait to see it!!! Maybe we'll stop by sometime and check it out?!
You are so clever, I loved the "example" pictures. Way to stay on budget, I've heard that is super hard to do! (Bummer about the dishwasher too.)
A kitchen should make one hungry...and yours is definately doing that! :) It's going to be beautiful!
I am so excited for you Jill. God Bless you for finding the ability to stay sane for so long.
You are BRILLIANT. I never would have thought to use pictures like this. I am just too one dimensional! And not to make everyone else here jealous but the REAL kitchen looks even better than your pictures! Thanks for carpooling. It definitely makes life easier and much more fun with Chucky riding in the car. He is a special little boy! Thank you!
I love the moose tracks counter top, it looks just like the granite. Brilliant.
Were you hungry when you did this post?
Here is a song that should be on your player-- Claire Bowditch "on this side" It think it fits you guys..
You crack me up! How exciting that it is getting close to be done, I bet you are soo excited too. New kitchens are great I can't wait to have one someday! I want it to be huge so I can cook and spread everything out. :)
Post a Comment