Friday, October 3, 2008

Redemption

Our cat, Isabelle, has been on my crap list for most of the summer. Generally, she is a joy, but she has been bringing "trophies" home at an alarmingly increasing rate. Usually it's bugs(live): crickets, cicadas, grass hoppers, praying mantises, etc. Occasionally, it's birds(dead).
Tuesday morning, it was a pleasant surprise.



We were delighted with it.



I was reminded of The Parable of the Grateful Cat. Strangley enough, comparing my best I have to offer to a dead meaty mouse really does make me feel better.

3 comments:

i said...

wow. that is so cool....did he hurt it so it couldn't fly or does it just like you?!?

Jack said...

I hadn't read the parable of the grateful cat. That's really good.

Emily said...

Did you take a picture of the grasshopper she brought? That thing was huge! It's amazing that the butterfly was still alive.

I also hadn't read that parable...it was great. :)