We enjoyed general conference 2 weeks ago, but then were asked to speak in church the next week. Katy and Chucky were also asked to speak with us and while I was a little frustrated at first that I had to prepare 3 talks instead of 1, they both did a really great job with very little effort. Even though I blubbered through mine, I was so proud of them and Chuck that I didn't have to think about myself too much. I really did enjoy conference and am glad I got to re-read some of my favorite talks (here, here, and here) so soon after.
We also attended the Renaissance Fair with the kids and had a great time. We were able to get in free with our home-school group Friday morning. The jousting tournament was so much fun.
We just have a few odds and ends to finish up in the kitchen like molding and ceiling paint. Since everything is functional, it has slid off the priority list a little, but I'm sure we'll get it all done soon. I love my drawers and my storage is so much more effective now.
Also, I am making the kids' Halloween costumes this year. I am no seamstress, so thankfully, I have a mother to help me. I didn't realize how soon the Ward Halloween Party was, so I have another busy week ahead of me as I try to finish in time.
Finally, I am loving the cool fall weather. It's time for soup. If you have any fun fall recipes, send them this way.

6 comments:
You have been busy! The kitchen is gorgeous, the kids are so fun and the costumes will be amazing! Good luck on a busy week.
I LOVE your kitchen!! And the fiesta.
Oh la la! Your kitchen looks fabulous! and the fiesta ware has a real vintage feel. now I know what to get your for Christmas. :)
The kitchen looks terrific! I'm so excited to see the kids costumes.
I love your bright FiestaWare and your kitchen is beautiful!!
Hi Jill! That is a nice looking kitchen. Guess what... I bought patterns to make Halloween outfits for my kids this year, too. Only I waited too long so I just made skirts and a cape out of the material. We could get together to make up some Fall recipes with the kids.
Post a Comment