Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day!

We had so much fun today. There was no school for Chucky because of parent teacher conferences so Katy and I took the day off school too. We had a lazy morning sleeping in and visiting the Mennig cousins for a bit. Then Chucky and I had a chiropractor appointment across town around noon. On the way back we saw lots of snow and shortly after we got home our side of town finally started to get some too!


The kids got a snowball fight going with the neighbors and the cousins across the street. Anna never lasts very long in the snow. She likes to wait in the car when we go to Mt. Charleston to sled. A few minutes after this shot she was in a nice warm bath.


I was supposed to go to our R.S. cookie exchange tonight, but I played in the snow too long to get my cookies done. So, I made snowflake sugar cookies with the kids instead and stayed home(sorry, Sheral). Here is the one Katy did. It looked pretty good.

We are looking forward to tomorrow as well. How often do Vegas kids get a real snow day home from school? I know I never did.


P.S. I am starting to feel the Christmas pressure. I'll proably make several lists tonight. Hopefully the last revisions will be obtainable. I'm NOT going to panic.
P.P.S. This and this made me laugh tonight.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Wasn't today fun? These kids sure are lucky to get a snow day in las vegas.

. said...

This snow fall has been amazing, but I do have to say Anna is my type of girl. I would much rather be watching what's going on outside from the inside when it comes to snow.
Your snowflake cookies look YUMMY!

Heather & Greg said...

Katy's cookie looks so good! This has been so fun.

Leah said...

We were out driving around in it and by the time we got home it was too dark to take pictures. I love seeing how everyone enjoyed their SNOW DAY!