Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Milestones

Chucky did a sit-up tonight. That may not sound very exciting, but it's been a long time coming. The kids have been in Karate at the Hollywood Rec Center(love it, Sensei Clark is great) for several months now and sit-ups are often part of their warm-up routine. Chucky has been the only one in the class for a while now who couldn't even get one. Chucky is a fantastic reader and is thoughful and curious and loves to goof around, but this summer when he was still trying to master his 2-wheeler this is what he told me in that very thoughful way of his: "You know mom, some boys are outside boys and some boys are inside boys. I think I'm more of an inside boy." I love it when Chucky waxes philosophic.

But tonight, before bed we were all practicing together and he did it. Actually, he did 2 full sit-ups. Yay! We were as happy for him as he was for himself.

And he did end up getting the hang of his bike. His new challenge is hopping on one foot as much as humanly possible(lovin' that one).

6 comments:

Leah said...

Chucky, some of us are sit-up people and some of us just aren't. I'm on your team.
And, yes, I too love hopping on one foot!

. said...

I wish they still had the 6pm class going on...5 is just too early for us to make it. Bummer! Make sure and let me know when it is up for renewal again. By that time, Brian should be done with basketball and our lives start to calm down a little bit.

Amber said...

How exciting.

I HATE sit ups! As you can tell!

Heather & Greg said...

Good job Chucky! That is wonderful, it is so fun to watch them accomplish new things especially things that they have been practicing!

Emily said...

I love that he can hop on one foot...AND the other! :) Good job Chucky!

Jack said...

coming from one inside boy to another chucky...it is "where it's at".