As I write this and remember, the house in uncharacteristically quiet. Disneyland is having a promotion in 2009 that lets guests in for free on their birthday. Katy is spending the day there with Daddy and Papa. With a birthday so relatively close to Christmas and her getting to the age when toys aren't such a big thing anymore, a day of fun and excitement without little ones to slow her down seemed to fit the bill. We surprised her yesterday with the news and they left soon after. She is such a good girl and helps out so much at home. When she does get into trouble, it's because she was bored. Give this girl a task or a purpose and she is golden. The two of us are pretty different; I've said before she is much more like her father. But I learn so much from Kate. She constantly challenges me to stretch and become a better person. As much as I am woefully inadequate for the job of mother, I am devoted and so thankful to have her in my life.
Absorb thoughts, feelings, fashions, and facts, making them your own by design.
Time, the essential element, conserves while cultivation meets content. Your
Heritage, not merely Manis & Mennig, encompasses the whole of what man has seen and done on earth.
Rooted in love and light, you sift through all of nature, waiting to emerge as
You. They ask, what's in a name?
Noble and pure, you are my sweet Kate.
My friend Monica took these pictures over the Christmas Holiday at her grandmother's glamorous house near Charleston & Eastern. It has the most amazing vintage textured velvet wallpaper I have ever seen (or felt) in my life.

13 comments:
The pictures are great. Little girls are so precious.
They grow up so fast don't they! I remember when Lexi turned 8 thinking that it had gone too fast and here it is two years later and I think what the heck, where did my 8 year old go?
Happy birthday Katy! She is absolutely beautiful. And you Jill are such a wonderful mother with patients like no other. Your children are amazing and it is because of the great job you have done as their mother.(Yes I do give Chuck credit too):)
ohh... you know your child all too well! She is becoming such a beautiful little girl! I want to be at the baptisim if that is ok. and yes, give that child a task! She was so much fun to have in my class last year... and I honestly do miss her!!
Nice acrostic! The psalmist would be pleased...
i remember that wall paper! it's great! so is kate! glad she's 8!
Happy Birthday Katie! Eight years already :) She looks so grown up in those pics.
How sweet I love those pictures, she is such a pretty little girl.
Kate is such a lovely little lady, just like her mother. Your post was tender, honest & elegant. Kate will love reading this again and again.
She's absolutely beautiful! My how fast they grow, right? Enjoy every day, well most every day :)
Your thoughts gave me chills. They are precious, and she is beautiful!
Katy is such a wonderful little girl and I love her spirit and zest for life!... And she's amazingly gorgeous!
That was a beautifully written tribute to your daughter, Jill!
You gave me wonderful advice! I am quickly and humbly realizing why you guys home school. I anxiously await this school year to be over. Tell Katie we said Congrats on her baptism, she looked beautiful on Sunday!!!
Post a Comment