Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Coincidence? and Wanted

My internet was down yesterday. I HATE that. This is fitting after my last post. Amazingly enough I got something done I've been trying to do for months now. I finally painted the trim in the hallway. I think there may be some correlation. Maybe not.

Anyway, the spring-cleaning bug is biting. Today we are working in the yard. I'm kind of looking forward to it, but I've owned a house long enough now that many of these little projects are on the second or third go around and it kind of sucks some of the excitement out of it. Do you have any projects planned as the weather warms up? I'd love to hear about it.
Hey, also, we are looking for a new media console thingy. The TV isn't going to actually sit on it, but it will house all the DVD stuff and the Wii, etc. I need a few open shelves, and drawers or shelves I can put baskets on. I've looked around at all the usual places, but I have two problems.

#1 I don't want something so cookie-cutter. I'm looking for something with personality and interest. Most everything I have has pretty clean lines, and I need to add some yang to my yin. Maybe a bold color, or some interesting texture? I'm even open to maybe two or three similar pieces I can line up together.

#2 I don't want to spend much. I know, "Jill doesn't ask for a lot, does she". I'm just kind of cheap. I want something that makes me smile when I look at it, and a bargain always brightens my day. If I spent a fortune on it, I wouldn't enjoy it the same. That, and something I heard about an economic crisis or something??? Anyway:)

Craigslist is probably my best bet, but if you have any ideas or you have seen something on one of those cool design shows or something, let me know. I'm on the hunt.

11 comments:

Jack said...

Our T.V. sits on fiesta ware boxes. We don't have the dishes--just the boxes. Some one chalk it up to the college life style--I call it art. Cinder blocks are nice too for a more modern street feel.

Jill said...

LOL! Urban. That's what I'm missing!

Amber said...

Don't you have a handyman that lives with you? I'm sure he can build something cool for you!

Anonymous said...

I hope you find something you like. Will you come over and finish our baseboards????:)

. said...

I know you have used IKEA before, do they have anything that fits your desires? Good luck...I always say the thrill is in the hunt!

i said...

how come thart bug didn't bite me??? good luck on the hunt. i totally relate!

Heather & Greg said...

I'm with you on the spring cleaning, but my spring cleaning consist if getting a baby's room in order, and her bedding and other decorations made. I love working in the yard, we had so much fun doing that in our last house. I will keep my eye open for a media console for you!!!

Jennica said...

I say to find and old dresser strip and paint it. My favorite pieces of furniture are just that.

Keri Miller said...

My Spring project, uuuuuuuuhm, get motivated! I have no ideas for you! But bet Sara can come up with somethings amazing, it runs in her blood, I'm not there yet!!!!

Marylin said...

Try DI they will sometimes have things that with a little paint or stain are perfect and cheap!! :) Oh and are you coming tomorrow night? Hope so!! :)

Amy said...

That spring cleaning bug needs to rear it's ugly head over here. As for the media stand, just make Darris build you one. I'm sure Pattie doesn't have enything else for him to do.