Saturday, March 28, 2009

Confession: Celebrity Crush

Okay. So I have a celebrity crush. And I bet you can't guess who it is. That's right. It's Frank Nicotero. You know, Frank Nicotero... from that game show, Streets Smarts.... back when I had 1 1/2 kids and time to watch TV at 1 o'clock in the afternoon, or maybe 10:30 at night. Well, life has come between Frank and I and with the height difference and all I figured it just wasn't meant to be -that is, until a few months ago while I was checking my email.

No, he didn't actually write to me(he's very busy you know), but Yahoo was plugging his web series, Primetime In No Time, and knowing this was Fate righting it's terrible wrong, I clicked. Not only was Franky(that's what I like to call him) practically delivered to my door, but in an effort to make up for all these lost years, he now regularly sums up all the TV shows I don't have time to watch(you know, cause I'm so busy blogging). And he does it all with his usual wit and charm in less than 4 minutes. I really like directness in a man.

I think that's what I like best about Franky- his directness. I like to pretend that he's the long lost Mennig brother(can you see the resemblance?). I imagine the two of us snickering together in the corner at family functions. Mostly because I'd be his favorite in-law and his brothers would never have been able to really accept him since he was accidentally left by the lettuce at the supermarket as a baby, never to be seen again..... It's sad really.

Anyway. I should probably get back to organizing my homeschool shelf and waiting for the boys to come home from Monster Trucks. I just thought I'd share.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, what can I say? I just love you as a friend. We all have our unique crushes. :)

Sara said...

I totally think he looks like a mennig!!! I love you!! I am laughing so hard right now because I can see you and him sitting in the corner, and for some reason I picture him wearing a bandana? is that weird? LOL

Emily said...

Jill...he looks like Grandpa in that picture! hmmmmm j/k :) You're a weirdo.

Jennica said...

I have a crush too but I will never tell. 8)
I see the resemblance.