
I think she'll like the castle better though. But I might just have to make a scaled down version of the caterpillar for me to celebrate the hatching of the butterflies and I'll do a little science unit study to go along with it. I've totally started buying the kids gifts I want. Is that bad? If you read the garbage bag post you might have gathered that I am in scale down mode. We have all the toys we need and I don't want to buy anymore junk. Our house isn't getting any bigger either and we're not moving anytime soon. Christmas gifts were limited and selective and birthday is gonna be the same. Chucky is getting this:

They are wallies for his room.(I know I can trust you) He loves space. His room needs a little attention anyway so I thought hey, two birds with one stone. Am I totally cheaping out on them? Also, I'm thinking of painting his ceiling and one wall a similar navy blue color. The other walls are light blue. Do you think I will regret such a dark color, and since the wall and the ceiling are gonna be from the same can, what sheen do I go with? Eggshell?
I totally want that chair to go with it. Not that I need a chair.

5 comments:
The caterpillar "cup"cake is so cute. And for scaling down, don't kids have more fun playing with the cardboard box anyway?
You are right on with the presents, and the kids will love those gifts! Plus, they last longer than toys do now-a-days!
I feel you on scaling down. Both of my kids are getting toys for out side.
I love the space wallies. I would go with a semi-gloss and wouldn't do the ceiling unless you plan on adding glow-in the dark stars.
Jilly! I have a friend in AZ who painted everything in her boys room a deep navy, like outside at night. They slept in a tent, there was a fire painted on one wall and glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. Her boys loved it, about chuckies age if I am remebering right, (which we do have some problems there!) I think you are one smart cookie, I mean mama!
Looks fun! You know I know nothing of paint and decor, but whatever you choose will be great!
Post a Comment