Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread

***So I did name this Banana But Bread at first. I was so proud of just getting a quick little post in too. I'll have to remind myself, quality not quanity :) ***
I love this easy low ingredient, healthy bread. I usually freeze my over ripe bananas so that I'm ready to go whenever the mood strikes. Today I made it into mini muffins and it only took about 20 min. to bake.

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
from Whole Foods For the Whole Family

1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
1/3 c. oil
1/2 c. (I was more generous) honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. mashed bananas (about 3)
1/2 c. chopped nuts

sift dry ingredients, cream oil & honey, add eggs one at a time, stir in bananas, add dry ingredients alternating with hot water after each addition, fold in nuts(save a little for the top).
350 50-60 minutes in loaf pan
20 minutes, for mini muffins
30 for cupcake size

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sure you didn't mean Banana But Bread! But I sure got a laugh out of it :) Looks yummy, yummy. I love the mini muffins because my kids waste so much less and they are a lot less mess.

Heather B said...

I got a good laugh out of it too! Thanks for this recipe, it sounds delicious. I need to try it.

Jill said...

All of a sudden it's not sounding so yummy anymore;)

Keri Miller said...

Jilly! I am so sorry, I am still laughing. The recipe sounds delicious, even though it comes from whose "but"??????? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Is imperfection a crime???? I'm sure the bread was wonderful.