Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cheater Donuts

My older sister taught me how to make these years ago while staying up late and watching Arsenio Hall.

Buy a package of those premade biscuits in the tubes- the cheaper the better. Have your kids stick their fingers through the middle- on purpose this time. Heat up some oil on the stove and fry them on both sides until golden- it takes about 2 min. Drain them on a papertowel for just a sec and then place them in a paper bag with a few spoonfuls of cinnimon and sugar . Let the kids shake it up. It's loud. They'll like that. That's it.

Powdered sugar would be good too. The key here is EASY and FAST.

5 comments:

Audrey Taylor said...

I love things that are hands-on for children. This morning we drew a picture of a tree and glued on glitter and leaves that the kids collected outside.

Michelle said...

Arsenio Hall? I totally forgot about that guy!!
My husband is 4 years younger than me, which isn't really that big of a gap. But you would swear we were from different generations sometimes. I'll say something like, "remember that one show?" And he'll respond with something about how he must have been too young, because he never heard of it. Yeah, right!

Heather B said...

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY, I can't wait to try this.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, homemade donuts. I loved when my mom made these. Thanks Jill for the fun reminder. You're such a good mommy.

amber said...

Awesome! That was a fun night - good time, good times. I can't say I've made those since....

BTW - Had my first two coroner calls Monday and Tuesday: DOAs at the ER. Interesting and simple! Just act like you have any idea of what you're supposed to be doing, flash your ID card, put on gloves and everyone goes along with you. People are dumb...(including me).

Speaking of dumb, I am sending Anna and Chucky a birthday package soon - after I finish signing Death Cert.s, figuring out how to stage manage the local Jr. Miss pageant, take care of Box Tops and PTA stuff, design and send the music camp brochures, posters and flyers to the printer, pick and play a piano solo at another stake's Primary talent show, organize the tax reports for Mike to sign and write the checks, and complete some paperwork at the Prosecutor's office. By today. I couldn't find the books I wanted for Chucky yesterday when I went to Twin to take Dylan to his MD, so I'll check here and/or pick something else. I hope they have great b-days!