Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Chucky!

Wow. 6. I love this kid. His perspective on life always makes me smile. He is fun, sweet, thoughtful, understanding, and positive. I'm a lucky lady.

Here's Chuck working on the cake. We have a system all worked out. I find or create a prototype for the cake. I do the baking and gather the supplies. Chuck works the magic. This is pretty much how we handle life in general. Me:plan, plan, make lists, change my mind 10 times, make a new plan, hand it over to Chuck. Chuck: all the work. Like I said, I'm a lucky lady.



Chucky loved it. I messed up the frosting a little, but Chuck execution was flawless. It was suppose to say USA, but wouldn't you know it, I only have 25 alphabet cookie cutters because apparently, S is MIA. We went with Deuce's initials instead.


Now we get to do it all over again in 2 days for Anna. This time, perfect frosting!

13 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome!!! looks even better than the original! Parkers bday is in three weeks. Can I hire you?

Jennica said...

good work on on both fronts.

Heather B said...

Wow, IMPRESSIVE! It came out so good. Chucky is such a little sweetheart.

. said...

It looks amazing!!! What a great team you two make!

Anonymous said...

Chuck and Darris are so much alike. I bought Easter Rice Cripies to decorate with the kids, but I'm waiting for Darris. You should have seen his perfect Ginger Bread house. We wish that we were family so we could be there. Happy Birthday Chucky!

Amber said...

That turned out so cute!
I bet he was happy!

Heather & Greg said...

Happy Birthday Chucky!! The cake looks amazing! I love that it has his initials, it makes it so personal. I can't wait to see Anna's.

Gary and Michelle said...

My mom always made super cute cakes when I was a kid. It's good to know there are moms that still do this.

Anonymous said...

how cute!! I love it! im sure he did too!!

i said...

sooooo cute!

Michelle said...

That cake is awesome! Very impressive. When it comes to food and parties, my husband and I have the same formula as you do... definately nothing to complain about! :)

Keri Miller said...

I love Chucky too! He always makes me smile or giggle, whatever! You guys are wonderful!

Marylin said...

Love the cake! Good job mom!! :)