Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tell Me Your Three Favorite Songs

Just for the week. Old. New. Whatever.

Mine:

Furr -Blitzen Trapper. Chucky is diggin' this one too.
Have You Ever - Brandi Carlile. I like to sing it loud in the car. I sound really bad.
Merry Happy - Kate Nash. I really love her sound, but she cusses too much for me to buy a whole album

Leave it in the comments or do it tag style. It'll be fun.

9 comments:

Marylin said...

I must admit that I had to look up all the songs you listed on itunes, because I had never heard of them before. I tend to live in the land of my ipod and I don't listen a ton to the radio. But my 3 favorites for right now (it changes) would be

City- Sara Barellis

C.S. Lewis Song- Brooke Fraser (although, I love all her stuff)

Forever- Rascall Flatts

It is really hard for me to only pick three because they are each like my children :) hee hee Don't tell the others that I didn't choose them!

Jill said...

I guess none of those would be on the radio :)

Usually I'm a talk radio kind of girl in the car: NPR, AM 840, AM 1280
I'm ipodless right now and it's rare I actually burn a CD for the car.

. said...

Good question. Here's what I seem to be listening to the most, depending on who's in the car with me! :)

1) Hoedown-Throwdown (Hannah Montana)
2) Lovebug (Jonas Brothers)
3) Boom Boom Pow (Black Eyed Peas)

amber said...

Although not exactly for the 'faint-of-hearing' due to a few well-placed epithets, (read: not while children are in the room) my current faves are:

Buriedfed - Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson

The Longest Line - NOFX

Busby Berkeley Dreams - Magnetic Fields

Also for a great chuckle to yourself - Flight of the Conchords, either on CD or even better HBO DVD, are hilarious.
Blitzen Trapper, Blind Pilot, and Bon Iver are really hits and misses with me. But, never fear, Tori has a new album come out tomorrow (even if Michael is not thrilled at the prospect of having an album titled 'Abnormally Attrscted to Sin' on the shelf :) ).

amber said...

Hey, I forgot another great one (how DO you narrow these things to three?). 16, Maybe Less by Calexico & Iron and Wine is on my play more often than others list, too.

Keri Miller said...

This is a hard one. Only three? I will pick from the ones that popped into my head first, three completely different types!

Blueberry Pie - Bette Midler
Fever - Peggy Lee
Rock You - Queen

Audrey Taylor said...

I don't really listen to too much music anymore. But I like to sing! I like the song Time of My Life (I don't know who sings it, but I think it's a man and woman together), I Could Not Ask For More (it's country and was our wedding song) and.... the Battle Hymn of the Republic!

Anonymous said...

I just don't have three favorite. I like so many and it just depends on my mood and my train of thought that day. BUT it I can tell you my three favorite are not hymns. :)

McNary's Blog-log said...

hey woman....i am so intruding your blog again....what is up with amber??? i have emailed her a few times and no response. is she okay? not wanting to associate with past friends? let me know. give me the scoop would ya? thanks
jamie