
We are now officially on to the cabinet phase of our kitchen remodel, although stalled while Chuck heads back to work for a few days. I'm so excited!
The other day he was putting together a few of the frames, letting the kids hammer in a finishing nail here and there, and he, Katy and I had this little exchange:
Mom: "What's that hole for?"
Dad: "That's for the anchor."
Kate: "Anchor? Why is it called an anchor?"
I took a minute and asked her what she new about anchors. She said they were for boats, like the one on the canoe we took out onto the lake on our last vacation. I asked her what it did and she told me it held the boat in place. Then I asked her what she thought the anchor on the cabinet does and she said the same thing. I thought I'd test her thinking skills a little and asked the following:
Mom: "So, what would it mean if I said something like, 'Daddy is my anchor'."
Her answer: "Daddy is holding you down?"
Chuck and I had a little giggle about it and I quit quizzing her.
Although the concept was lost on her, it is not on me. I don't always do things the "usual" way and he has been there to keep the real word real while I float along a little way out and test the waters. He offers just the right amount of resistance and support for me to grow and develop. I am grateful for him. The little adventures we chart our course through like home-birth, business ownership, home-school, remodels, etc. could be rough sailing without his care and willingness! Thank you sweetheart.

6 comments:
Very sweet.
I think you guys are the perfect couple. What a great team! Katy is so cute with the things she says, you got to love thier perspective on things!
I know I can always count on you guys for the right amount of spirituality with a little wild thrown in! I just love you guys!
I must admit, Chuck is cool.
(don't tell him I said that. I would hate to lose the playful banter we have between us.)
I think all of these sweet comments will help Jill's kitchen get done much sooner! Great plan Jill :) Chuck you rock!!!
That Katy! She is one smart cookie! And what an awesome conversation! Im glad you documented it and shared it with us! :)
Post a Comment