Monday, August 18, 2008

What I have in common with Madonna and Kathy Lee Gifford

No, it's not my unmistakable star-quality. It's a birthday on August 16th, silly.
And to make sure that Blogger doesn't strip me of my title of blogmaster here is my list of 29 things I've probably already told you twice.

1. I have developed a pretty unreasonable fear of heights over the last decade.

2. I like my natural hair color.

3. I cry way too easily at movies, cartoons, commercials, music, etc.

4. I like opera (especially when I'm cleaning.)

5. The only pre-sets I use on the car radio are for AM talk radio.

6. I don't watch much TV and we don't have cable.

7. I've given birth to all of my children at home.......on purpose.

8. I won $1000.00 in a coloring contest when I was 8. I also hated to color and both of my sister's entries were better than mine.

9. I was student body president in 5th grade. Go Sabers Go!

10. I worked at Pizza Hut in high school.

11. I hate clothes shopping. ( I know, it shows)

12. I often go 4 or 5 days without leaving the house and not even realizing it until Chuck mentions that the car hasn't moved in a while.

13. I have an uncanny ability for winning cake walks. (that one really comes in handy)

14. I kind of like meetings.

15. I love cold cereal.

16. I really like sandwiches, hamburgers, tacos, falafel, etc. - anything that is stuffed inside some form of carbohydrate, and I have fairly particular ways of layering the condiments and fillings. Yes, it matters. :)

17. I don't like to paint nails(mine or any one else's). Chuck has painted my daughters' nails WAY more times than I have. (he had 2 older sisters)

18. I have to wash my hair everyday.

19. I like to take personality quizzes. I'm a red or a brown, my top love language is acts of service, and I can take 11 5-year-olds in a fight.

20. I buy the expensive toilet paper.

21. I buy the cheap paper plates.

22. Windy days make me restless and irritated.

23. I've never been stung by a bee, broken a bone, had an IV or been a patient in a hospital. (knock on wood)

24. I love all things citrus.

25. My favorite perfume is Happy by Clinique

26. I think Barak Obama is a jerk.

27. I like Sense and Sensibility better than Pride and Prejudice.

28. I get a bigger thrill from saving money than I do from spending it.

29. I'm looking forward to my 30's.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday! I loved that list! I have to wash my hair every day too... and I would love to stay at home for days!! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Jill where on earth did you get the list of questions to answer from. I love it! Did your parents let you keep the money from the contest, or did they take it for themselves?

Amber said...

That was fun to read.

Heather & Greg said...

Happy belated Birthday Jill! Wow I can't believe how much we have in common. What a fun list.

. said...

I love it! Happy belated Birthday! I hope you were able to do some fun stuff...great list!

Audrey Taylor said...

Jill,
We don't know each other, but I have read comments from you on lots of my friends blogs. So I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Audrey taylor, I guess if you go to my blog you can get to know me. Perhaps we'll meet at one of our common friends get-togethers.
~Audrey

Jill said...

Pattie,
You know my parents. Of course they put it savings for me and I used it when I bought my first car when I was 18 or 19.

monica said...

You are wonderful Jill & I love every little thing about you, even the clothes shopping & nail polish bits I find rather adorable.

Marylin said...

Happy belated! So glad you stopped by my blog and hope to see you swimming!! :)

i said...

Yea, you are right. We do have lots in common except: I don't win cake walks and I only by economical t.p. I just cant bear the flush the fluffy stuff!