-Shortly after returning from our trip my dear friend Pattie conspired with my husband and surprised me with dinner out and tickets to Phantom of the Opera as an early birthday gift. It was so thoughtful and she was so smooth! The show is great. You can't beat the stage set-up and the phantom's voice was perfect. It was totally something I would not have done for myself and I had a great time. Thanks so much!
-Two days after I cleared out our little office area that formally resided in the kitchen and set it up in a new cozy spot in the living room the computer crashed. It wouldn't boot up or anything. In all fairness it had been giving us plenty of warning, I was just ignoring it because as far as I know, it all works by magic anyway. We're still working on(read: ignoring) that. I feel so incomplete.
-Katy has found a chapter book she will actually read, sometimes even on her own! Thanks, Amber, for suggesting The Magic Tree House.
-Our cat is thoroughly enjoying "Cicada Season". She keeps bringing them in and batting them around seeing how much noise she can get them to make before they finally sucome.
-Of course, I did say "remodel" and "kitchen" in the same sentence so I was leaving myself wide open there. But, I do have a pleasant surprise to report and that is how so unbelievably generous our friends and family have been with their time and talents. So a I want to give a quick shout out to Sam Bigler, Dustin Darrington, Brian Howard, Greg Deborski, Dave Mennig, Greg Yates, Emily Yates, my parents, and the families of these guys for sharing! Wow. Thanks so much everybody. However, we aren't even quite finished with phase one yet. All I can say is screen your phone calls!

5 comments:
Things always "happen" when you have a home improvement project going on. I can't wait to see the pictures
my comment is in regards to the "magic" link. Stuffed grape leaves, or "dolma" as it is called in many unnamed countries are actually delicious. I have eaten literally hundreds and have gained a new respect for strongbad's finer tastes.
I can't wait to see the finished project. Our family completely understands that "things" do come up home improvement project or not. So glad to share my husband, you have been ever so generous to share yours with us!
So, what helps me with actually doing the items on my list is putting encouraging comments like, "You can do it!" or ""This'll be a sinch!" I know it's cheesy, but I think someone has to say it?
Oh man I can't wait to see it!! I have to stop myself from just popping in cause I love a good remodel!!
Sounds like a great b-day gift! I've heard it's a great show!
My kids love those books also!
Post a Comment