Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day Trip

On Monday, we took a quick trip down to California to pick a few final odds and ends for the kitchen. Chucky spent the day with his cousin, Colton, so it was just me and Chuck and the girls. I am always amazed at how much easier it is with one less kid. It doesn't even matter which one. There is just something so much more manageable about 2 kids!


We left early in the morning and drove straight to our usual spot in Newport for a quick stroll on the beach and some lunch before hitting IKEA.


There is something so instantly relaxing about that first look out into the horizon as the waves brush up on the sand in front me.

INHALE..............EXHALE...... I don't think I could ever get tired of that.

I took so many pictures of the girls walking in the sand; you'd think we were there for a week. Katy is so beautiful in such a jeans and a T-shirt kind of way. I can't get enough of her. This one is so her. Always ready for action, even when others are running for cover.



Anna always makes me laugh and of course she was soaking wet and down to her underwear in no time. How could I think we could go to the beach and not get wet?


We couldn't stay long, so we soon got lunch at Charlie's Chili. Katy highly recommends the fish and chips. This girl loved to eat. She doesn't like snacks either. She is a several course meal kind of girl and loves lots of different flavors. Just like her dad, she would often rather have more of dinner than sweets.


The kids were great as we wandered through the displays and loaded up our items. It was about 9:30 pm when we got home. Although a long day, that hour on the beach made it totally worth it.

5 comments:

Heather & Greg said...

What a fun little trip! I'm jealous, I need a getaway!

Jill Manis said...

That's great! How did you end up liking the beach and me constantly begging Johnny to go. It is so relaxing and I love it! Aw, I'm getting homesick (yes, the beach was my 2nd home growing up) and I didn't get to go at all this year! :(

Emily said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, Charlie's Chili :) Yummo! Luckyyyy

i said...

glad ypu made the effort to hit the beach! the girls look so happy!

i need an ikea fix. no pic there huh???

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of the beach! I could never get sick of that relaxing feeling either! I told my husband last time we were at the beach... "I could live here!" and I ment on the beach!! Ha! Katy is so full of life! I love that!!