We had a great Christmas. We have a lot to be grateful for this year. Christmas Eve is always my favorite. The little nativity pageant was so cute. Katy reprised her role as Mary, Chucky debuted as Joseph and Anna was the sweetest angel. Colton and Dallin rounded out the scene as the sheppards and Johnny's Noah stole the show as the smiliest baby Jesus ever! The first gift the kids opened on Christmas morning were the gifts they had made for each other. This was really fun and they each put a lot of thought into what they could make that the others would like. Katy made homemade scented play dough, Chucky made the girls ribbon covered hair clips, and Anna made paper crowns with stick on jewels and LOTS of glitter. The rest we kept simple with one gift for each from mom & dad and something for the family.
We had breakfast with my parents and then spent the late morning and early afternoon with our Mennig family. We love that we can do these special things with so much family around us and our dear friends as well. It's been a wonderful Holiday and I am sorry to see it passing.
But I love New Years and making resolutions and the chance to reflect and set goals. Thanks everybody for letting me see your Christmas' through your blogs and for being a part of all the good feelings!


7 comments:
I love that idea. Making something for each other. And the girls look so cute in their robes.
I love the picture of the tree glowing. I'm so happy you had a wonderful Holiday. Love you JIll!!
I am so glad you guys had such a great Christmas, I too am sad to see it go! It just seems like the yeas are passing too quickly! Your kids are soooo dang cute!!
No, it's not too late to say Merry Christmas. We should probably do that more during the year. Looks like you guys had fun. Happy New Year's.
You have a beautiful Christmas house! Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday!
i love the glitter crown!!! what an enchanting tree you have. :)merry christmas to you.
Did Martha Stewart give your children gifts this year? Those presents look like they came strait from a Domestic Diva's tree. :)
Post a Comment