2008's
resolutions were fun to make. I didn't actually accomplish most of them(I think my sub-
categories had sub-categories), but I remember how hopeful and
excited I felt as I made them. And we had a great year! By far my most successful
endeavor was keeping up with the blog (maybe a little too
successful). But I have loved it and feel that I have a much better
sense of where I'm coming from. There we bobbles and dips, but it was a great year. I feel just as excited for 2009.....but I'm feeling far less specific about what I want to accomplish. Yes, I still have loads of laundry waiting for me and yes, I'd still love to learn to crochet, but most of all I just want to be happy and enjoy the journey. The rest is going to fall in to place. So there are just a few quotes and scriptures and thoughts on my mind that I want to record here and keep fresh in my mind as I welcome the new year.
My friend
Jonelle Hughes(she has a great new online
store) had this quote at the bottom of her emails for a long time and I just loved it. I need to make a copy of it to keep by my bedside:
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. -Ralph Waldo EmersonAnd as I let out the nonsense there will only be room for more good:
As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. -Proverbs 23:7Also, I know they were everybodies favorites, but I just can't seem to get enough of Elder Wirthlin's, Elder Perry's and President Monson's conference talks.
I'm sure I won't make it through the week without a list, but this is the direction I'm heading. I love all of you!
5 comments:
Those are great messages. My favorite.....:tomorrow is a new day"
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing those messages! I am excited to see what 2009 brings too! I hope it is a wonderful year for you and your family!!
I like the new blog look. Especially the header with Anna and Chuck.
absolutely awesome. Can I have it tatooed on my forehead so I remember it every time I pass a mirror? You rock!
Jill, I haven't been blogging for quite some time, but I just love yours! You are clever! I love the quotes, I need them, to read every day! Then my excuse will be I didn't get anything accomplished because I was reading wonderful motivating quotes!!!!!
Post a Comment