
I've mentioned before that I have to wash my hair everyday. And when I say HAVE TO I mean it. If I don't it is unbelievably greasy by the next afternoon. Well, I would like to NOT have to wash my hair everyday and I am thinking it probably has something to do with my shampoo and conditioner. Yes, I use the cheapest stuff I can find at Walmart that smells half way decent and may or may not make my blond locks vibrant. I need some suggestions. I really don't know anything about "professional" lines of hair care products. One friend mentioned Aveda, and practically gasped when I hadn' t heard of it:) Please, tell me what you use and why you like it. Smell is definitely a factor. Also, if anyone knows how to get a bargain or if I can buy it in bulk, let me know. But I'm thinking shortening my morning routine, especially now that we are back to the 9am block on Sunday, is worth a few bucks.

11 comments:
I really like Treseme(I think that's how you spell it) They sell it at Wal mart too and it isn't too expensive. Good luck!
I love Biolage. They have sales that are 2 for $25. They are litter bottles so they last a while.
Right now I use Herbal Essence cause I got it on sale. 8P
Hey! I don't know what your hairstyle is now - long or short. I find that more than the shampoo, it's all about product. I do think they have degreasers (kind of like a powder applied at the root)that can help. Dry wax is good too if you're short. Propbably the best way to be able to skip a day is to get your hair used to it: pick a week or so that you can wear a hat or strategically place appointments and only wash every other or less a day. The scalp will eventually acclimate and produce less oils. If you don't have a frizz problem, volumizing formulas might help a little, because they dry hair out a bit (that's how it puffs up). If I think of something different, I'll let you know. You can try just a bit of baby powder or face powder in your brush at the roots when combing hair that is getting greasy, too. Or, be like me and only ever shower when absolutely necessary, even if that means Sunday to Sunday, then you don't have to touch things with wet hands!
I use the bar of soap; I suppose I am a bit folliclely challenged, however.
While I never did hair myself I worked in the industry as an Esthetician and after trying many different ones I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pureology! Anyone with a cosmo license can get for you at cost which for a HUGE bottle that lasts me at least 8 months it's like 20 bucks! If I go over to get some for me I can get you some if you wanted! Let me know if you need any help! :)
Oh, one of my favorite topics. Hair products!! I have read a great book about ingredients in hair products, especially shampoo. And even though people think "salon" products are so much better, they're really not. This scientist found that Suave's "Clarifying Shampoo" was just as good if not better as some of the other clarifying shampoos on the market. (We've used the clarifying shampoo and LOVE it!) The MOST important thing (I've learned) is to make sure your shampoo does NOT have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it. It's bad for your hair. It's a good lathering agent, so lots of shampoos have it (even salon ones) so always read the label. Sodium LaureTH is OKAY, and so is Ammonium Lauryl, but watch out for that other one. Also, the baby powder on roots trick works SO good. Also, I'm not sure if it's true with scalps (but it is true with faces)...washing too much increases oil production. So maybe it's a cycle you can escape from? Maybe not though. Anyway, try the clarifying one and see if it helps. Also, avoid anything that says "smoothing", because they have silicones in them that will weigh your hair down even more.
I use big sexy hair shampoo & conditioner and love the smell and the product itself, I use to use silky sexy hair (the soy milk kind) but cosmo prof isn't carrying it anymore. Both brands run about 12 dollars a bottle (for a decent size). If you are interested in trying the big sexy I could get it for you at my cost cause you have to have a cosmo license to get it. I'm going to be getting a maly's card soon and then i'll be able to get the silky sexy stuff. Just let me know, I would love to do that for you!
I just saw you question on the side and I have to say, you would have to look extremely close and be looking for her crack to notice that! I love that picture, the scenery is absolutely beautiful! I thought it was a fake picture till i realized it was Anna.
Hey Jill, I used to wash my hair everyday too. Now I wash it every third day. I use either Healthy Sexy Hair (part of the Big Sexy Hair line) or Abba with a minty scent (I can't remember the exact name) anyhoo, I by both at the salon in Walmart. :)
Your sister is right on the money! Powder is a great way of reducing oil in the scalp and "training" your oil glands will make your hair greasy at first, but eventually they will be level out. I'm sorry I gasped about Aveda. Their products smell divine and they pride themselves on being environmentally friendly and using as many natural ingredients as possible and they are based out here in Minneapolis. You might also want to look into Burt's Bee's. It's also very natural and probably a little cheaper.
I love how everyone has a comment on this so I'll share my two cents as well. I've used at least 4 of the shampoos mentioned above, along with about 10 others not listed, and I've never really noticed a difference. I think it has more to do with a person's hair than the shampoo they use. So I would never pay very much for shampoo, I am currently using Suave as well. :) I have heard you're supposed to change shampoos every so often too because your hair gets used to it and it stops being as beneficial...? So I would buy any other shampoo and see how it works. Stores always have sales and there are coupons. For instance, last week you could get Fructis shampoo and conditoner FREE at Rite-Aid. My friend has a blog - Iamfrugal.blogspot.com and she lists how to get things for free or super cheap by combining coupons and taking advantage of sales. They're probably not the same in Vegas but it's worth looking into. Also, only condition your tips and I've noticed when I blow dry my hair (with a round brush pulling at my roots up and out) my hair gets a lot less greasy than when I let it air dry. Good luck!
Post a Comment