I'm not fancy. Just ask Katy. But I do appreciate a little extravagance now and then. Once, I hit a car in a parking lot. There was no one in sight, so I left a little note with my info on the windshield. The owner turned out to be a concierge for the Venetian and after the repairs were completed, he comped Chuck and me to dinner. The bill was 3 figures, and the food was delicious, but the most extravagant part was the rest room. There was an attendant and mouthwash and everything. Pretty Fancy.
We are do-it-yourself-ers: kitchen remodels, car repair, childbirth, you name it. Well, last week we had some work done on our yard..... by someone else. Nothing grand, just some sod and pavers, etc. but as I peeked out the window at the progress while chatting on the phone and sipping some peppermint tea, I felt very fancy.
A pedicure here and there, any meal I didn't make, ice-cream treats that are actually made of dairy when Anna isn't looking -they all make me feel fancy shmancy.
Katy's version of fancy is walking around the mall carrying as many bags as possible.
What makes you feel fancy?
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Most days, a shower! But my hot pink heels, great lip gloss and a great pair of jeans. I'm a simple girl!
Anything I get done at a spa makes me fee extravagant. Even if it's getting my legs waxed, boy do I feel fancy. & wearing dramatic eye makeup gives me a feeling of the movie star life too.
I'm with you on the pedicure especially one I didn't do myself, and getting my nails done. I love Katy's thinking, oh the life of a little girl. Tell her when Old Navy has their clearance go on sale for an additional 50% off we'll go shopping cause then we can walk out with a ton of bags, cause that is the only time besides grocery shopping that I walk out of any where with a ton of bags! HAHA
I am totally loving this post - it is so true! I have to agree with Katy...it is always a great feeling to have lots of bags after a shopping trip. It's that feeling of success! BTW, it was fun to see you tonight. Sorry I wasn't able to stop and chat, we have been running around crazy lately it seems!
actually doing my hair...now that's fancy! sad, i know.
Hmm, definitely pedicure, high heels, lots of shopping bags, and up-dos!
Any kind of delivery from FedEx, DHL or UPS. Is that wierd?
I would have to say laying sod with big gloves and dirt on my face!
you have good karma, Jill!
Hmmmm, what makes me feel fancy?
Being thin and having great hair!
I'm not that hard to please.
Post a Comment