Maybe it's this time of year, I don't know. I love spring and all the life and re-birth that comes with it. They say life cycles every 7 years. Sometimes we feel it early, sometimes a little late. This month marks 6 years since we bought our home. It was a change that I had felt coming on me like an inevitable wave. One day I had simply started packing. A new baby was coming and it was time for change.You know how some chunks of our lives seem to be condensed into one elemental moment. Well, shortly after settling into the new place, I spent one particular afternoon reading to Katy as I lay in the love sack nursing Chucky. Soon both were asleep on me and as I drifted in and out, Nora Jones playing soft in the background, a sweet smelling breeze blowing in from our backyard as gentle as you please, I felt the utmost contentment and joy. From day 1 our house, with all it's flaws and imperfection, most of which are still evolving, has felt like home.
The astrologer would say I am just exiting my first Saturn Return. And indeed I have felt a changing influence over the last year or so of my life. The pot has been stirred. The insubstantial is skimmed away; the weightier matters that remain are repurposed. Our home is of the latter and I feel like I am falling in love with it all over again. What will the next seven years bring?

6 comments:
Life is beautiful. :)
I love those moments.
Growth!
I'd love to be in your house.
Those are the memories you cherish...and help through any tough times! You put it into words so eloquently!!!
I love the way you write, jill! Happy memories in a happy home :)
I love the way you write too! I felt like I was relaxing right along with you in the love sack, (but not nursing!) (haha))!!!!!!
Post a Comment